COVID-19 UPDATE: 25/03/2020
The Holy Trinity Food Bank will remain open and continue to operate for as long as possible during the COVID-19 crisis.
In the interest of protecting our clients and volunteers, we are implementing additional safety measures to mitigate the risk of contamination:
- Food supplies will be distributed in the open air whenever weather conditions allow it
- Clients will be allowed inside the Hall or Courtyard only one at a time; if one person is already in the Hall or Courtyard, other clients will be required to queue outside
- Clients (and volunteers) will be required to maintain a safety distance of at least 2 metres between each other while waiting or being served
- Clients will be required to stay behind the counter set up in the Hall and sit while they wait
- Clients will receive pre-packed parcels; whenever possible, parcels will be packed at least 3 days in advance of distribution to minimise the risk of contamination
- Volunteers will be wearing gloves when handling items and serving clients
- Volunteers showing any COVID-19 symptoms or from a household in which any members are showing symptoms will not attend the Bank
- We can serve clients who are ill or are self-isolating because a household member is ill; however, they need to let us know and ensure that they stay outside the main gate, at a safe distance from others. A parcel will be left on the pavement for them to collect.
We request all clients to comply with the above measures in the interest of everyone’s health.
Whenever possible, we ask clients to obtain a voucher before coming to the Bank. In these exceptional circumstances, clients who are unable to present a valid voucher will be served upon filling in a self-certification form.
As local demand is likely to increase significantly at this particular time, we continue to welcome donations. If possible, we would be grateful if you would consider donating the following items as these usually run out more quickly:
Tinned meat, tinned fruit, tinned rice pudding, breakfast cereals, milk, sugar and coffee.
To minimise contact, we kindly request that donations be dropped off at the Bank between 13:00 and 13:30 on Sundays, before the Bank opens to clients. Alternative time slots to deliver donations can be arranged by emailing us at email@example.com.
If you would like to offer your help as a volunteer, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.